One of the most important choices you will make when building a house is choosing the kind of foundation it will rest on. After all, the foundation serves the necessary functions of keeping your house in place even as the ground beneath it might change, insulating it, keeping the moisture out, and keeping it level. A house foundation is forever, so it makes sense to pay attention to the details, ensuring that it will remain dry and crack-free for as long as it has a house to support. Builders choose foundations based on the home’s location and climate, soil conditions and area humidity, and of course, the budget.
Preferring steel framing and installing steel posts for your house has advantages over wood framing. When framing a wall, strength, quality, durability, and ease of use are chief concerns. Wood frames are solid and easy to install, but quality can sometimes be faulty. They are durable, but only as long as you keep those foundations perfectly dry. Installing steel posts takes care of many of these concerns. If you’re opting for steel framing, installing steel posts is out of the question—they are essential. A pier foundation, including steel, is a collection of large diameter cylindrical columns to carry the superstructure and carry over large superimposed loads to the firm strata below. It stood feets above the ground. It is also known as steel post foundation.
Advantages of Installing Steel Posts
- Installing steel posts is easy and requires less amount of materials and labor. The materials here needed are readily available.
- It has a lot of variety when it comes to design. We can use varied materials to increase the aesthetic view, and it remains within our budget.
- Pier foundation, especially steel posts, saves money and time as it doesn’t need extensive excavation and a lot of ground.
- It causes minimal disruption/destruction to the soil environment. At the end of the house or building’s useful life, the site will be more accessible to restore to a natural state than an area with a full basement.
- As installing steel posts lifts the house above the ground, floods cannot do any damage to the structures.
- The space between the house and the ground is enough to install utilities like plumbing and electrical wires.
- Workers can quickly get under the space between the house and ground to solve plumbing and electrical issues as there is enough space to crawl.
- It’s comfortable to walk on a floor that doesn’t rest on a firm surface, and it is suitable for people who have certain conditions such as arthritis as well as back pain.
- A thorough inspection is possible as the diameter of the shafts is larger.
- Builders and engineers can change the design whenever they want, if necessary.
- The ground vibration that is typically associated with driven piles is absent in drilled pier construction.
- The bearing capacity can be increased by under-reaming the bottom in non-caving materials.
Having said this, choosing to install steel posts for your house sure has a lot of advantages in terms of practicality and durability. At Universal Framing Carpentry, we offer value-added service in various locations, including Toronto, North York, Scarborough, Etobicoke, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Markham, Vaughan, Concord, Woodbridge, King City, Aurora, Newmarket.
To avoid expensive early failure and repairs of steel posts, correct installation should be done. Taking shortcuts in the installation process will surely not give the best results, so we have to get it right, well-designed, correctly installed, and most of all, consult the company for advice.
This article has made me liked steel post framing more. Actually, I prefer steel posts to wood framing. I would rather spend a lot of money to ensure that my house will last for a lifetime rather than wood framing that will depreciate over time.
Too often steel fence posts corrode as a result of incorrect installation leading to premature failure and repairs. Therefore, it is best to ask for help from Universal Framing Carpentry as they ensure the best quality service for steel post installation.
Another option you can choose for house framing aside from wood is steel posts. If you want to have a really strong foundation, then installing steel posts is the right option for you. It is quite expensive than wood framing but you can see after reading the article that it is worth the price.
I recently had my home built and I used steel post framing. I wanted it to be durable and long-lasting so I preferred installing steel posts for the foundation.
We’ve replaced our fence at home and we hired this company to do the job, they did the job well they installed new posts on the corner and they used highly quality materials to ensure that it is durable and will last long.
They did an excellent job on my home’s framing, and the end result was perfect. They were also very pleasant to work with and very accommodating to my schedule. I would definitely use them again for any future.
I’ve had dozens of steel posts installed by Universal Framing Carpentry and they’ve always done a great job. They’re quick, efficient and very reasonably priced. I highly recommend their services.
Universal Framing Carpentry offer steel posts in a variety of sizes, so you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your needs. The installation process is also fast.
Installing steel posts adds strength and support to your outdoor structures. These posts are made from high quality materials that are built to last, and they can be easily installed without the need for specialized tools or equipment. Overall, I would definitely recommend installing steel post by universal framing carpentry.
Our old fence was starting to fall apart, so we knew it was time for a replacement. Luckily, there is one company in town that can build you the perfect fence and they are Universal Framing Carpentry. We had them come out and give us an estimate on a new fence right away.